a peek into my TBR list!

Hello, readers! I'm going to take a brief pause on my story structure series for this post.

Something I'm trying to work my way through in this quarantine is my to-be-read list! I have read only a few of the books so far, and am still reading The Count of Monte Cristo, which I am totally LOVING!

Today I wanted to let you in on a few books on my to-be-read list. Let's begin, shall we?

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

You may be shocked that I have not yet read this one! After all, it is Jane Austen's most famous and beloved work. Well, it is very high on my TBR list! I loved Emma, so I know I will love this one! My sister insists I will love Mr. Darcy more than Mr. Knightley, but I am not so sure. (Even before I read Emma, I watched the miniseries and movie and always LOVED Knightley.)

2. Perelandra by C.S. Lewis

My family and I happened upon an old copy of Lewis' Space Trilogy at an estate sale, and am so glad we decided to buy it! I read the first novel, Out of the Silent Planet, last summer (I think) and was immediately struck by Lewis' beautiful prose and fascinating style of writing. It was the first book by Lewis that I read! I would love to finish this series! (And, of course, the last book in the trilogy, That Hideous Strength, is also on the list ;))

3. The Giver by Lois Lowry

I have heard so many good things about this book, but have yet to read it! I don't know if I will read the whole series--it really depends on how much I like the first one.

4. Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

I read Murder on the Orient Express a couple years ago and LOVED THE TWIST. As it was the Christie novel I had heard of the most, I had high expectations and CHRISTIE DID NOT DISAPPOINT! I am so excited to read Death on the Nile sometime soon!

5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Yet another one you may be surprised I have not yet read! I will admit, I have seen the new movie. I had started the book beforehand but did not finish before our showing! And, unfortunately, I have not finished it!

This is but a snippet of my to-be-read list! Maybe it gave you guys some ideas for your list, or reminded you to reread!

Have you not read any of these? Which have you read? Do you prefer Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley? Are any of these on your TBR? Let me know here or on Instagram!

Happy reading, writing, drawing, listening, and quarantining! Hope you all are well!

Comments

popular posts

Hello!

A Very, Very Necessary Amy March Appreciation Post

CARAVAL book review!